Effective Date: September 1, 2015.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY. HT reserves the right to revise this Policy from time to time by updating it and posting it at http://www.housetie.com/footer-links/privacy-policy/, with the new Policy taking effect on the date of posting. We will update the Effective Date at the top of this Policy when a new Policy is posted. Your use of the Site after the Effective Date of the updated version will constitute your acceptance of the updated Policy.
- APPLICABILITY OF THIS POLICY. This Policy covers our treatment of information that is gathered by the Site, including personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. If you visit the Site without registering for a Membership, you can browse without submitting any personally identifiable information. In order to gain access certain features on the Site, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, and billing information. This Policy does not apply to information collected by third party Linked Sites, including third party websites or services. We have no control over and no responsibility or liability for any third party collection, use, disclosure, or retention of your information and that collection, use, disclosure, and retention is not subject to this Policy. Please review the privacy policies of any Linked Sites you may access.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION. We collect the following types of information:
- Membership/Subscription Account and Login Information. We will collect personally identifiable information from you if you register for or purchase a Membership or Subscription on the Site. If you register for a Membership or Subscription, you will be asked to provide some information about yourself, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, your email address, your phone number, and billing information.
- Profile Information. If you create an Profile, you may voluntarily provide and publicly post on the Site some information about yourself, including, but not limited to, your name, business address, telephone number, email address, photo, or company logo.
- Customer Service Requests or Communications Submitted by You. The Site may provide functionality which allows you to voluntarily submit questions, comments, or suggestions. The Site may also allow you to submit suggestions or comments using an online submission form. These forms may require that you share personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, and your comment or question. Any personal communications that you or a third party voluntarily submits to us in any format, including by email, postal mail, online form, or any other method of communication, may be collected and saved indefinitely in a profile specific to you.
- Invite an Individual. If you are an Agent, you may be able to share an electronic invitation / a promotion code with individuals you know by submitting the email address of such individuals to us. We will not sell or share your friend’s email address to any third parties.
- Automatically Collected Information. Similar to other web sites, we may collect some information automatically and store it in log files. We may use Google Analytics or other third party analytics providers to collect this information about the Site. This information does not identify you. This collection may include, but is not limited to: your IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time. We collect this non-identifying information in order to better understand our customer base, to more efficiently operate our business, to promote our products or services, and to improve the quality of the Site. We do not link analytics information with any of your personally identifiable information. We may automatically collect information using various mechanisms, including but not limited to:
Pixels (aka web beacons/web bugs/java script). Pixels are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track the online movements of web users. Unlike cookies, which are stored on a computer’s hard drive, pixels are small graphics that are about the size of the period at the end of a sentence that are embedded invisibly on web pages or in HTML-based emails. Our third-party analytics providers may place pixels on the Site that track what other websites you visit (both before and after visiting the Site). Our third-party analytics providers use information obtained from pixels to help us improve our business and the Site. We do not control the use of pixels by third parties.
- Payment Information. Credit card payments are handled through Plug and Pay Technologies, our third party payment processor. HT does not access or store your credit card information. Plug and Pay Technologies will collect and may retain your credit card information in order to process your payment, including any monthly installment payments (if applicable). We do not control Plug and Pay Technologies or its use of your information. Please also see the “Affiliated Entities and Service Providers” section below.
- INFORMATION USE.
- General. We may use your personally identifiable information to manage and administer your Membership and the Site; to provide you with support and a more personalized experience; to respond to your requests and inquiries; to communicate with you; to share your Agent Profile with Home Sellers, to invite people you select to view your Agent Profile, to invite people you select to sign up for an Account, to monitor Site usage; to improve the Site; to provide you with information about products or services; to resolve disputes; to detect and protect against errors, fraud, and criminal activity; to assist law enforcement; to enforce this Policy and the Terms; or for any other purpose described in this Policy or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
- Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails or other communications related to your Membership, the Site, or in response to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages that are not promotional in nature. We may also send you marketing emails, surveys, or newsletters to notify you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive. If you opt-out, you will continue to receive service-related emails.
- Profile. If you create a Profile, we may use, modify, distribute, adapt, and reproduce your User Content or other personally identifiable information in order to create, display, or provide access to your Agent Profile.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may use non-personally identifiable information for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements, and to improve our business and the Site. We may share aggregate information with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may also combine non-personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected from other sources.
- INFORMATION DISCLOSURE.
- Affiliated Entities and Service Providers. We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may disclose your information to any affiliated entity or organization and to agents and service providers to help us operate the Site, improve our business or the Site, and to provide services to us. These third parties may include customer service providers, business or sales service providers, or providers that supply support for the Site. Use of information by affiliated entities and organizations will be subject to this Policy or an agreement that is at least as restrictive as this Policy.
- Disclosure. If you create a Profile on the Site, it will be publicly accessible to all other users with whom you share your Profile, send a link to your Profile, or purchase a Membership or Subscription using a promotion code.
- Legal Requirements. In some cases, we may disclose your information (i) as required by any applicable law or legal regulation; (ii) if we believe disclosure is needed to protect our rights, property, or safety; (iii) to government regulators or law enforcement authorities in connection with any judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the Site; and (iv) to respond to a physical threat to you or another person.
- Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we should ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger with another company, or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or part of our business or assets, we may disclose your information, including personal information, to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
- Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of your information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, a third party may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or other users of the Site may abuse or misuse your personal information. No transmission of data over the internet can be 100% secure.
- INFORMATION RETENTION. We will retain your information indefinitely, or as long as legally required or allowed. If you cancel your Membership or your Membership is otherwise terminated, we may, but are not obligated to, delete information we have collected or obtained from you or third parties and we may continue to use and disclose your information in accordance with this Policy. HT does not undertake any retention obligations through this statement.
- INFORMATION SECURITY MEASURES. Keeping your information secure is of great concern to us. We exercise care in facilitating the transmission of information between your device or computer and the third-party servers that operate and store information for the Site. The personal information we collect is stored in operating environments that are not available to the public. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
- The Site is not intended for use by children. HT is committed to protecting the privacy and safety of children. This Site is a general audience site and children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the Site. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13; nor will we send any email correspondence to children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information immediately and delete it from our servers. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians before providing their information online. If you believe information from a child under the age of 13 has been submitted to the Site, please notify us at: email@example.com.
- California Minors. We may provide Site users the ability to publicly post information, for example by creating an Agent Profile. If you are a California resident under age 18 and you are unable to remove publicly-available User Content that you have submitted to us, you may request removal by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information or User Content you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information is located, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any User Content or information that: (1) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (2) the User Content or information was not posted by you; (3) we anonymize the User Content or information so that you cannot be identified; (4) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (5) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the User Content or information. REMOVAL OF YOUR USER CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM THE SITE DOES NOT ENSURE COMPLETE OR COMPREHENSIVE REMOVAL OF THAT USER CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM OUR SYSTEMS OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS. We are not required to delete the User Content or information posted by you; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the User Content or information or render it invisible to other users and the public.
- CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request, you may do so by contacting us at: email@example.com.
- ACCESSING, UPDATING, OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If your personal information changes, please update it by using the “My Account” page or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make good faith efforts to resolve requests to correct inaccurate information except where the request is unreasonable, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical. If your Membership is terminated for any reason, your information will no longer be accessible through your Membership or associated with your Membership. However, activity that occurred prior to deletion may still continue to be stored on our systems or the systems of our service providers indefinitely.
- PRIVACY QUESTIONS. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding this Policy, please contact us at: email@example.com.